The very first thing I had to take care of when I got engaged was hiring a photographer. I spent hours and hours searching through websites and reviews. These are a few of the many requirements that I was looking for..
- Artsy, photojournalist who would capture the day’s events
- Fun, creative photographer who my fiance and I would feel comfortable with
- Engagement Session
- Trash the Dress Session
- Enough time alloted on the day of to prevent me from feeling pressured or rushed
- Rehearsal Coverage
- All the proofs from the day
- Album included in package, or credit for the album
- Something for the parents-albums, print credit, etc.
- Option of buying a print release for all of the images
- A second shooter
- Photographer with a personality to take charge and get things done
- DVD of the images
Not only did I get to put a check next to every single item, but I got so much more. My photographer, Tara Kneiser with Dixie Pixel Photography, also offered a package with a custom guest book and unlimited custom thank you cards. She also uses, in addition to digital, a cool camera called Holga. It’s this cheap plastic camera that has multiple defects that creates really cool effects in the picture.
Ofcourse, all credit for the pictures goes to Tara. Check out her blog—>link on the right!